Friday, July 1, 2011

You Can Not Possess Me, NO!

Some people start working out to get over a broken relationship. It's true, TMZ said so. A few months back they showed a photo of Halle Barry coming out of a gym in L.A. just after reports started flying around that she had split with her ex. 

While there are a myriad (yes, I know big words), of reasons why I started on my journey last January, I do have to admit, that "dude" played a role. Sparing any details, I knew "dude" for a few months, and thought we were cool. He evidently didn't.

Enter Bon Jovi.

Thanks everyone, now I can't hear ANYTHING because of all the SCREAMING!

The whole concert day was AWESOME! Jon Bon was HOTTER THAN EVER, even from the cheap seats, and I made some new friends. What could be better? "Dude" actually being there. A few days earlier "sudden sinus infection dude" says he can't go.

"I'll leave one (ticket) at will call so that you can meet me there". NOPE.

"Connie, just sell your ticket" say all my new friends. NOPE.

I had a FABU time seeing Jon Bon rock out. With the amount of money I spent on two nosebleed tickets, I could have been in the main section of the arena with everyone else.

Two weeks later, "dude" calls me and tells me about a light kit for his motorcycle that I'm GOING to buy him for his birthday. UMMMM....EX-FREAKIN-CUSE ME??????????

AWW, HELL'S NO!

That was last February. I've lost 55 pounds since then, and even though I've thought about "dude" from time to time, we've never reconnected...until recently. Just a couple weeks ago, actually. All of a sudden, from out of nowhere, "dude" is back. An instant message pops up..."hi there".

Wow. Just out of the blue, like nothing happened in the past 1 1/2 years. We started talking a bit. I actually bitched him out more than us actually talking. He now thinks we're cool. I'm contemplating.

The spell was lifted as I started on my weightloss journey, and I will NOT let "dude" cast his spell or derail any future progress.

"You can NOT possess me, NO!" said Judy Tenuta in her standup act back in the '80's. Yes, the '80's. Remember, I'm old!

I love this line. It can be attributed with so many issues in life, but right now, it's focused on "dude".

"You can NOT possess me, NO!"

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!

ps...I started sprints today, July 1, 2011. YUCK!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment