Monday, July 4, 2011

Breakfast Pizza

This morning (July 4th), I ran a 5k in Shelton called the Shelton Stampede. I started off way too fast because I was trying to keep up with the pack. That was a mistake! Sheesh! After about 2 steps, everybody else pulled way out in front of me, and there I was, running my own race again. I'm getting used to this, but it's not very cool.

Before I got there, I read on my race brochure that there would be pizza afterwards...hmmm...pizza at 9am?

So as I'm running, I see a black cat, a few birds, maybe a bunny (I forget now), an unmanned water station, and five dead, squished toads on different streets. EWWW!

I think the girl who WAS manning the unmanned water station felt sorry for me and started walking about a half mile in front of me so I could have someone to keep my sights on while running my own race. I did almost catch up with her though.

As I was trying to survive the last couple blocks, I noticed everyone there, and I told myself to finish strong, and kicked it. I pr'd!  I finished in 49:26...18 seconds faster than the Community Olympiad last weekend. The organizers even held off on the awards ceremony until AFTER I crossed. That was cool! Although I didn't win any medals, I found out the pizza was actually Breakfast Pizza.

I'll run for Breakfast Pizza any day!

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment