Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Identity

This year I had the distinct pleasure of renewing my driver's license. YAY! This means no more Fat Connie...or so I thought.

A couple years ago the Nebraska DMV changed the way to get a new license. The way I understood is that you have to apply online. Two months ago I got a postcard in the mail encouraging me to renew online. Two weeks ago I did that. Ok, done...or so I thought.

Right after I received an emailed receipt of payment, I started thinking about what picture they were going to use. I suddenly realized it would be Fat Connie. CRAP! Here's Fat Connie, haunting me yet again. I've lost 105 pounds, and I'll be DAMNED if my new license is going to represent Fat Connie for another 4 years! So, off to the courthouse I go, three days later.

UGH! Present receipt to treasurer. Present receipt to DMV after Jackass #1 totally cuts in front of me. Fill out paperwork so you can actually talk to DMV officer. Get photo taken. Find two forms of ID with full address information(that's hard to do). Pay an EXTRA $13.50 JUST to get photo taken. UGH! What an annoyance, and the worst thing, I'm annoyed at myself for going the roundabout way in the first place!

So after paying $50 to Nebraska DMV instead of $13.50 at the Treasurer's office, and being informed to cut up the FIRST issued license, I now have new license with Not As Fat Connie and am MUCH happier, especially having beaten Fat Connie in that round of the epic battle.

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment