Saturday, July 9, 2011

Busy-ness

It's been a busy week here, even with having July 4th off. Whew! I've been exhausted! You would think that being so busy and tired wouldn't hinder my workouts at all. Sadly, it has. 

I have worked out in some form or another this week, whether it's Zumba a couple days, street runs a couple days, or ab cruncher a couple days. It's just been hard to start out. I'm finding that if I don't work out in the mornings, I'll struggle to make it through the day, let alone do something at night. It's not a lack of motivation, because I'm just as motivated as ever, but I do occasionally struggle with it. Everyone does.

I'm also struggling with the fact that up until my half marathon, I was pushing myself every week to improve, add an extra mile, or decrease my time. Since then, I've only done short runs. What's the difference? I wish I knew the answer. I can throw excuses out there though..."it's too nice to run 13 miles indoors on the track," or "I just don't have enough time," or "I'm too tired," or "I don't have any half marathons until next year." Those excuses don't get you anywhere.

Monday will start "back on track" week, with a few unexpected twists and turns yet to come. I'm looking forward to it, but in the meantime, can I go back to bed now? YAWN. Obvious answer, nope...gotta work. Hi Ho, Hi Ho!

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment