Monday, June 27, 2011

YAY!

"It's a new dawn, a new day, and I'm feeling good!" Jennifer Hudson Rocks! Period.

I love that song! So what if it's off a Weight Watcher's commercial...I really don't care, it's an awesome song, and today, I'm feeling good!

The highlights of my weekend were my first 5k for Community Olympics, and realizing that I've done four races in three months, starting with a 2 mile run in April, a 10k in May, a half marathon and a 5k, both in June. I'm still extremely slow, but I'm also taking ownership in the fact that in January I could BARELY run 1 mile without stopping.

I'm also glad to report that the 5k went off relatively without a hitch. The only exception was that I forgot to start my new stupid, cheap pedo watch until about 4 blocks into the race...but that really didn't matter to me. This was a new race, and whatever mental drama I had during the half marathon two weeks ago, I wasn't going to pay attention to or have on Saturday.

Oh sure, I kept seeing walkers pass me by, but in the last couple blocks or so, I kicked it into gear, passed up a few of the walkers that had passed me, and finished strong, which also helped improve my time. YAY!

I learned a couple things on Saturday too. A...Grapes are a refreshing post-race treat (especially the RED ones), B...Powerade fruit punch is ACTUALLY good, C...I really CAN improve my run time, and D...Community Olympics is just a lot of fun, and I hope I can do more to participate in future games.

So we're entering July. I don't have any races scheduled for July. That has to change...and quick!

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or walking it, I'll cross the finish line!

1 comment: