Tuesday, June 14, 2011

That One Song

There are some songs you can listen to over and over again and not be tired of them. My list of these songs is so long that my computer will crash before I get the first 100 listed. Then, there's that one...it just grates on your nerves like fingernails down a chalkboard HATE THEM songs. I have several of those too.

I have heard this particular one (like most on my "bad" list) so many times that I have to change the radio station immediately. It's like a 21st Century "Name That Tune" game show, except   Kathie Lee has been kicked out of the hummer's spot by Lady Gaga.

But here lies the problem. This song is so ANNOYINGLY catchy, that I find myself having to listen just a bit before changing the station or shutting off the radio entirely, yet today, this song is so fitting to my mood I have to embrace it.

"TODAY I DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING ANYTHING" whistle, whistle. It's "The Lazy Song", which, by the way, this first sentence is the only thing I relate to.

Not that I'm lazy by any means...I'm just tired. Isn't it ok to have a lazy day? Some would say no. I, 99% of the time, would say no, but not today. It's not like I've had any harder week or day, or month, than anyone else, but I'm just plain TIRED!

So I ran my first half marathon on Sunday, so what? So I worked the next day, so what? So I can still hardly move after all that, so what? So Sunday was both physically AND mentally draining on me, so what? Today is my lazy day, my "decompression" day, my relaxation day. We all need those days, deserve those days, and today is my day.

Tomorrow's song will be different. I'm hoping Jennifer Hudson different or Bon Jovi different; hell, maybe even Karen Carpenter different, but for right now...I'm whistling.

No comments:

Post a Comment