Friday, June 17, 2011

Crowns and Calcium

There's an old saying that bad things happen in threes. Unfortunately, for the most part, it's true. Take yesterday, for instance. One of my stories fell through, I got caught in the rain, and I lost part of my tooth while chewing gum. GUM! I'm NOT a gumchewer, but I was tired and needed to stay awake on the trip home. FANTASTIC! Not ONLY was it 1am, but 1am on a Friday. My dentist is closed on Fridays.

Try finding a dentist that's open on Fridays and see how YOU fare. It's like needing a haircut on Monday, and all the salons are closed. So I finally found a dentist that's open on Friday, and in the middle of him looking at my tooth, proceeds to tell me that he USED to be closed on Fridays, but always had to come in on that day anyway. I'm glad he changed his routine. He then informed me that I needed a crown. UGH! Can anyone sell me a house so I can have collateral for my million dollar loan I'll need to pay it off? I'm quite attached to my limbs, however since breaking my left collarbone and right ankle in my car accident 10 years ago, they have both become a bit easier to detach.

Ok, one medical issue down, one to go, same day. I've also had an issue with my eyes, but after a sharp pain shot through my right eye today, it was time for action. I rely on my eyes for my job. I'm a photographer, it's my passion, and it's my job.

I was able to get in to my eye doctor right away, and was reminded of bad calcium deposits on my eyes. You know it's serious when your top eyelid gets flipped up and she says, "let me get the needle." YAY...NOT! Having your eyeballs scraped is NOT on the top of my list of fun things to do. And so it goes. A diagnosis of SEVERE dry eyes and calcium deposits and a new Restasis prescription later, I've done HAD IT with doctors today. Oh, by the way, I'll be selling my hair to pay for the Restasis prescription.

And you thought I was going to talk about the royal family and milk. Sorry. Got Milk?

No comments:

Post a Comment