Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dodging Bullets

I have run in two races this year. A 2 mile in April, and a 10k in May. On June 12, I will be running a Half marathon. Why the half marathon? My evil twin forced me to. Anyway, you would think I would know all the rules for running etiquette. Not True. There's a learning curve. You would also think that I would know enough to get COMPLETELY out of the way. I now know NOT to be in the front of the pack. As the whistle blows, I am suddenly reminded that I am in the wrong spot! Can we say DODGING BULLETS?

OOPS! SO SORRY FAST RUNNERS! Note to self...never underestimate the determination of a runner!

This can also transcend into dodging bullets in my weightloss journey, whether it's that extra piece of pie, that pop at the movies, or the trip to Dairy Queen for the chocolate extreme blizzard with chocolate ice cream and double fudge cookie dough.

Sometimes it's hard to dodge the "temptation" bullet, if you do, FABU! You're one step closer to achieving your goal. If you don't, you'll have to work a little extra hard, but you can still achieve your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment