Thursday, June 9, 2011

Poor Little Squirrel

CoolRunning
“Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.” - Tom Krause:


It's officially 2 days before race day. On Sunday, June 12th, I'll be running a half marathon...that's 13.1 miles. There's no explaining this, but I think I'm fine with it, that I'm not anxious...or am I?

I'm somehow thinking "I'm ready, bring it on". Is this normal to think? I mean, this is a huge accomplishment for me. It's the farthest I've run...EVER! Then, I'm stuck with an image in my head.

I did a street run the other day. It was just a mile, (ha ha, "just" a mile). One of my friends reminds me that it wasn't so long ago I called her and said "I RAN A BLOCK!" As I was running, I passed a dead squirrel in the street. It was just sprawled out like dead squirrels do. I ALMOST stopped to take a picture of him with my phone, but I didn't, because A), it's morbid, B), I didn't want to stop, and C), I knew some of you petite flowers wouldn't appreciate seeing a photo of a dead squirrel on my blog. I can't figure out why...(yes, I do have a heart...lol...).

I giggled to myself, thought of the poor dead squirrel, and immediately thought "that's what I'm going to look like after I get done on Sunday." Now I wish I would have taken a picture of the dead squirrel...I wonder if he's still stuck there....(oops, did I say that out loud?)

This roadkill reminder is still in my head, 2 days before my race. What will happen on race day? There's sooooooooo many things that could happen, that it's hard to even comprehend. The biggest one though, is courage. It takes a lot of courage to start something, but even more courage to finish it.

I follow this website on Facebook called Cool Running. Their quote for today makes perfect sense, especially today.


CoolRunning
“Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.” - Tom Krause:

I'm running a half marathon in 2 days. That's 13.1 miles. I may come in dead last, I will NOT be the first one to finish, but I'm doing it because I'm a Zumbarunner...I'm an ATHLETE.

No comments:

Post a Comment