Saturday, August 13, 2011

Selflessness

I learned the true act of selflessness today. I (along with a bunch of other people) ran a memorial 5k this morning. Many of my friends ran too. They're all WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster than me too, but in true runner's style, we all ran our own races.

Some of us pr'd (lingo for personal best), all of us ran because we love to run, some finished (close) to last (me), some of us won our individual categories...but ALL of us won.

I learned the true act of selflessness today, which confirms what I have known all my life...that my friends, my anchors, my supporters are truly amazing people, and I"m TRULY blessed to have them all in my corner.

Today's workout: Lizzie Stratton 5k Memorial Run...49.10 (pr)

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!






No comments:

Post a Comment