Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Believe It Sista!

After 40-some odd years of always dwelling on the negatives, I'm finding myself remembering the positive things a little more than I used to. It's very strange, but maybe that's part of the journey to be my better self. Here's two of the things that happened last weekend.

After completing a 5k that we both participated in, a close friend of mine gave me what was rightfully hers...her first place medal. Priceless!

The next day, while working, I saw a co-worker I haven't seen in a few couple months. She works in a different department and city than I do.

Marcia sees me and says "You've lost weight!"
"Yes I have!"
"Did you mean to?"
"Yes I did. Zumba and running. I lost 55 lbs in a year and a half, and 105 in 6 years."
"Well I had to do a double-take, when they said Connie!"

I can live with that!

Today's workout...none...will start back tomorrow...pinky swear.

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment