Thursday, August 11, 2011

Celebrity Sighting

I've always been into sports, but have never had the opportunity to play...ok, the exception being in softball during summers growing up, but other than that, not a chance. Fast forward to today.

Ever hear of Rulon Gardner? No? Maybe this will ring a bell...two time Olympic wrestler...no? Nebraska native...nothing? How about this...Season 11 Biggest Loser contestant...ok, now, you're back.

He came to Kearney today during a Live Well Nebraska tour. Chance to meet someone famous? You betcha! Chance to Zumba with someone famous? Ok, that didn't happpen...it should have, but it didn't. Oh well.

I got to meet Rulon Gardner...ok, so did a bunch of other people, but I got to meet him, talk with him for a minute, and get my picture taken with him. Ok, so did a bunch of other people, but hey, work with me here.

He walked off the Biggest Loser because he felt he was ready to train for the 2012 Olympic wrestling team. He wants another shot. It was kind of inspiring to see him, and hear that he's had to overcome a bunch of obstacles in order to get where he is.

Today I told Rulon the short story...the "I lost 55 lbs in a year and a half" story, instead of the whole "I lost 100 lbs in 6 years, but the last 55 were in a year and a half."...I don't know how to refer the subject just yet. To me, it's easier to say the 55lbs in a year and a half than to say the whole schpeel.

Regardless, I got a little more motivation today, got to hug some really HOT guys (for the picture, of course), and tackled another fear at my third Zumba class. All is good with the world.

Today's workout...2 hours of Zumba, and 2 mile run on "dreadmill".

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!


No comments:

Post a Comment