Friday, August 5, 2011

Patience Part 2

I recently signed up to run in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure here in Kearney. It's the first one here, and it's evidently the first double run, teaming with a run the next day in Omaha. I think I signed up for it about a month or so ago. I found that to be a mistake.

I have an unusual work schedule, working through the weekends and having Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, and if I have a 5k scheduled on a Saturday, I can usually run that and then work the rest of the day. I thought I could do the same thing on October 1st. This time, my plan won't work too well.

After a brief email (and the longest weeklong wait for a reply) to the organizers of the event, they were gracious enough to switch my registration to the Sunday run in Omaha. I guess patience does really work...for some things.

Today's workout summary...1 hour Zumba, 35 minute "dreadmill" run...2nd half of that @ 3.7miles per hour and .05 % incline. Hey...I'm just starting on the dreadmill...don't judge.

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line.

p.s...you can visit my facebook page if you're interested in pledging a donation for my run in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment