Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksfulness

Thanksfulness. 


Yes, it's a (new) word.


We've all been inundated with the 20 some odd days of "I'm thankful for's" on Facebook or whatever social media we're chained to. I'm not opposed to it, but that's not really been high on my priorities as something to do. Don't get me wrong...I believe myself to be a very gracious person, and I am thankful for every day things, but I CHOOSE to be verbal about the things I'm MOST thankful for, even if it is after Thanksgiving.


Family...Nothing beats family, even if there are struggles and challenges, we all love and support each other.


Friends...I have the best friends on the planet. They're always there to pick me up when I'm at my lowest, support me in my endeavors, encourage me when I feel defeated, push me when I feel like I can't go any further, and kick my ass when it needs kicked. My friends are like my family, and you don't mess with my family.


New experiences...I have gained so much from all of my Zumba family, my new running family, my new active lifestyle, it's just amazing. It feels so good to start having the life I've always wanted, and I couldn't have done it without everyone's support. I know I owe my new life to myself because I've made the changes, but I also owe my new life to all of you.


My achievements...WHO KNEW 40, 10, 6, or even 2 years ago that I'd be able to accomplish any of the tasks that I have taken on when it comes to fitness. I've never known what it's like to be an athlete, have always been told I couldn't do it, and look at me now. Thanks to Zumba I'm a dancer once again. I'm a runner. I'm taking on new challenges. I'm an athlete. I'm more fit than I have ever been, I'm feeling good about myself, I'm proud of all my accomplishments, and I'm determined to keep this lifestyle change for the rest of my life.


And finally, My Midnight (R.I.P), and My Gypsycat. I can't forget them!


I hope everyone had a very blessed Thanksgiving, and have taken a little time and effort to share your Thanksfulness.


Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment