Sunday, December 18, 2011

Zumbarunner Returns...Again

Wow...it's been a while since I've been on here, huh? Even the blogspot format has changed...Hmm, I'm going to have to get used to this. It's my own fault though. Oh well, onward and forward.


So Zumbarunner returns...again.


First, I apologize for not giving you any witty insights to my life as of late, but frankly, there hasn't been enough hours in the day. Ok, that's an excuse, but a good one. I've either been up at the butt crack of dawn killing myself off at boot camp twice a week followed by extreme Zumba then working the rest of the day,  doing 3 hour workouts on my OFF days from boot camp, traveling on my "weekends" or working extra hard at my job. All the stress consequently made me sick for the first time in two years, and I had to rest from exercise for a week. Who knew trying to stay healthy and active would make a person sick? I guess I just wore myself out, and I'm now trying to get back into the groove, but only at 90% back to good.


So boot camp is over, extreme Zumba is over, and it's the week before Christmas. Those who are closest to me know Christmas isn't my favorite holiday in the world, but hey, I'm not a total Grinch about it. I do put up my tree, I do enjoy SELECT Christmas music, within moderation of course, and absolutely NO COUNTRY Christmas songs...blecha!


I have already signed up for my first of three half marathons for next year, the Lincoln half marathon in May, and will probably start training in January, although the official training should start in February. I'm super excited to resume my race year, hoping to make it a total of 15 instead of this year's 13. Wish me luck!


So, thanks for being patient during this brief lapse, and I hope you start reading my blogs once again (and actually enjoying them). :)


Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!



No comments:

Post a Comment