Sunday, November 6, 2011

Upping The Ante

This week takes me on a new journey, to see how tough I really am. Tomorrow, I start a six week, twice a week, BUTT CRACK OF DAWN, boot camp at the Y. It's a way for me to challenge myself both mentally and physically, to maybe see what I'm really capable of, and to finally say goodbye to "Fat Connie".


Of course, both days of boot camp just happen to be on my "Mondays" and "Fridays" at 5:30am...only 7 measly hours before work. I'll also attempt Zumba throughout the week on my off days as well, that is if I'll be remotely able to move any muscles in my body at all.


So what did I do to celebrate my last day of "fatdom"? I went to Coldstone, of course, getting the "love it" chocolate devotion with Ghirardelli ice cream in a plain chocolate dipped waffle bowl. Hey, I was GOING to get the "GOTTA HAVE IT" portion, but talked myself out of that one. See, I DO SO have discipline! 
So yes, as I sleep tonight, and while my body stores the last few HUNDRED calories of the crap I put in my mouth before being subjected to whatever boot camp trainers throw at me, I'll sleep knowing that I shouldn't have done it, but it tasted REALLY GOOD!


I have to say I did kick start my boot camp adventure with a 2-ish mile run this morning in observance of World Run Day. While I did look at my watch when I started and finished, I didn't officially time myself, and I didn't rate my distance either. I don't do that enough, run just to run. It felt good to know I was one of thousands of runners from around the world to celebrate the joy of running.


Wish me luck and no injuries tomorrow, as it's an early night for sleep before reality sets in tomorrow morning. 


Today's workout...2-ish mile street run.


Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!


Completed Races:
RACE for GRACE-2m Fun Run-4/9/11 (35:03:49)-Grand Island, NE
Richard H. Young Hospital's 5k or 10k walk or run for Mental Health-10k run 5/14/11 (1:47:00) Kearney, NE
Buffalo County Stampede-2011-Half Marathon 6/12/11 (4:04:00-Late Start)-Kearney, NE
18th Annual Olympiad-5k 6/25/11 (49:44)-Kearney, NE
Shelton Stampede/2011-5k 7/4/11 (49:26-pr)-Shelton, NE
Lizzie's Run 5k-8/13/11 (48:44 pr)-Kearney, NE
Kilometers for C.O.P.S. 5k *inaugural*-8/26/11 (51:52:88 chip), (52:05:59 end)-(First altitude 5k)-Golden, CO
Running To Cure Breast Cancer 10k-9/5/11 (1:43:43 official-pr)-North Platte, NE
Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5k 10/2/11 (48:57-net time)-Omaha, NE
Rebecca Adams Green Foundation Cow-Pie 5k/Half Marathon-5k 10/15/11 (1:02:45 finish/First Trail Run)-Loup City, NE
Bearcat 5k-Kearney, NE-10/29/11(49:33)-Kearney, NE

World Run Day 2-ish Mile-Kearney, NE 11/6/11 (35 minutes-unofficial)

No comments:

Post a Comment