Saturday, February 18, 2012

Training Day 6...Less Than Stellar

Ok...so my 4 mile run to end week one half marathon training was less than stellar, but done, nonetheless. Let me just say I'm transfixed on my time, and am quite un-impressed to say the least.

When I looked at my stupid, cheap pedo watch, I was stunned to see my time and distance, and got discouraged early in my run. I get discouraged, and distracted...VERY easily.

As much as I think of myself as a positive person, I always seem to focus on the negative. Thanks to one of my new Y friends to help me forget about my "negative" run, and focus on things like my weightloss up until now...the fact that I can run further now than I could when I started running last year...the fact that I am healthier now than I ever have been.

And my own personal thought to take away from today...it's the first time I actually FINISHED a training regimen througout the whole first week of training.

Tomorrow is a much needed rest day after today. It will give me time to focus and reflect on today...and look forward to the next 11 weeks of training both my body AND my mind to be tough as nails, and not let ME beat MYSELF when I run in Lincoln in May.

Zumbarunner...whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment