Friday, February 10, 2012

A Great Start

This weekend, I'll start my 12 week Lincoln half marathon training on the right foot. I'll be running for a good cause. Last month, Sherry Arnold, a teacher (and avid runner) from Montana was killed while on a run before school. One of the two men arrested confessed to the crime. The link to the story is posted below.


As a result of this tragic event, Sherry Arnold's niece promoted a virtual run; encouraging runners all over the country to run in Sherry's honor. Tomorrow morning, a bunch of runners from Kearney are doing just that. To me, this is a great way to not only remember Sherry, but promote safety for everyone.


Shut Up + Run: Virtual Run for Sherry Arnold- February 11, 2012


Here's to you, Sherry. Rest In Peace!


Zumbarunner....whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment