Sunday, April 15, 2012

From Heavyweight To Middleweight

On Thursday, June 2nd, 2011, I started my blog about my weightloss journey double milestone from the suggestion of my great friend and Zumba instructor, Sanae Shea. The double milestone was losing 100 pounds in six years, and losing 50 pounds in one year. Both happened on June 2nd, 2011.

This is how I started my blog.

 It's finally happened! I've lost 100 pounds! Sure, it took me six years to do it, but it's done! Even if today's the only day the scale hits this number, 178, it's a great day!

Today, April 15, 2012, I enter another milestone in my weightloss journey...

It's official! I've lost 110 pounds! Sure it took me SEVEN years to do it, but it's done! Even if today's the only day the scale hits this number, 168, it's a great day!

It has taken lots of dedication, hard work, sweat, and a permanent lifestyle change on my part to get to where I am. It's also taken lots of patience, encouragement, belief, and some tough love from EVERY ONE of my supporters to help me get to where I am today. I know it's been difficult, because those who really know me know that I am the LAST person to believe in MYSELF. I still can't seem to do it most of the time even though I know I should, and everyone else believes in me.

Last year after my initial weightloss, my doctor suggested I try to maintain the same weight for a year. A year! PSHHHHHHH...WHATEVER! A year is a long time. I didn't want to wait a whole year, I wanted to lose that next 28 pounds with such a quickness! I wanted to shed down to 150 so fast I couldn't stand it, and I'm STILL in that mindset.

 Well, much to my chagrin, and much to my surprise, I maintained for the next year. I do have to say though, hitting the plateau and staying there REALLY DOES SUCK! I gained six pounds over Christmas, and it took me at least 2 months to get back to where I was BEFORE Christmas...UGH! I'm addicted to that damn bathroom scale, and it's a DEFINITE LOVE/HATE relationship. I'm below that now, and it's AMAZING! That's one of the reasons why I'm rejoicing so much about losing another 10 pounds. 10 pounds...big, fat, hairy deal! UM...HEll YEAH...BIG, FAT, HAIRY DEAL!

There's a double meaning to the title of today's blog. The first one is logical...lose a hundred pounds, you're no longer considered a heavyweight...ha ha.

Here's the second meaning. Take my last name...WEIGHT. Like any other last name in the universe, there's tons (ha ha) of ways to spell last names, so nobody ever gets it right. "How do you spell that?" W-E-I-G-H-T..."wait...spell that again?"...sigh. Just like weight...you know, weight (show the weightlifting gesture)...JUST LIKE HEAVY.

JUST LIKE HEAVY...

My dad ALWAYS says this when asked to spell our last name. Just like "heavyweight". Sorry dad, I love you, but I was NEVER comfortable in describing it like that, so I'm trying to say just like "lightweight", though I sometimes do use just like "heavyweight" probably because I'm so used to hearing it and not being used to saying "middleweight" or "lightweight".

I know I still have a long ways to go before I meet my 2nd milestone of hitting 150. I know it will probably take another long time to reach it. I hope not, but if it's meant to happen, it's meant to happen.

Thanks again to all my supporters. I'm truly blessed to have you all in my corner. Thanks to all my haters as well, because y'all push me even harder to keep my healthy lifestyle in check and keep moving forward on my journey.

As for now, I'm perfectly comfortable with going from heavyweight to middleweight.

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!






No comments:

Post a Comment