Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Training Day...Holy Crap...38, Really? Changing Tactics

Am I REALLY halfway through training for Lincoln? I totally have lost count...I hope that's not bad karma. I also hope it's not bad karma to think more about a race 6 months away than focusing on the one in five weeks.  Wait, WHAT? FIVE WEEKS? Holy Crap, REALLY?

The good news is that I'm FINALLY starting to take people's advice. Yes, it's taken a year to heed advice about how to get faster. Probably the biggest reason I haven't is it's out of my comfort zone, but that's how you get better, is step OUTSIDE your comfort zone.

I did that last Tuesday when I willingly did a hill killer run. Today at the Y, I started doing some running intervals on the track. I about killed myself off, but I did them.

So for those of you who I HAVEN'T been listening to, I'm sorry. You know how it sometimes takes me a million years to finally get it through my thick head, but finally, I'm doing it.

 I found an old fortune today that read "it's time to start something new". Well, here we go..that starts today (March 21st). It's time to actually raise the bar, find my real focus and challenge myself in a new way with intervals, hill killers, and yes, DREADMILL training.

It's time to change tactics. Lincoln, here I come!

Today's training...4 mile run.

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment