Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Renewed Focus

Renewed focus.

I know, I know...I've probably said this before, in fact I know I have, but now it's time to own up and mean it.

Starting this week, today actually, will be a renewed focus and intensity on my training and weight loss. What's so different this time? I'm not sure. I know I've spent the whole summer trying to quell the feeling that I hadn't been living up to all that I've accomplished. I know that's a bunch of crap, because I'm aware of what I achieved. Ok...so it takes millions of people beating me about the head and shoulders to make me realize it...but I AM aware of all the time and hard work I've spent in the small steps, getting where I am today. I want more though. I want to get back to the intensity I had before my first 2 mile run last April, which led to my first 10k in May, then my first half marathon in June. Who does that? Who persists that much to gain so much mileage and determination in that short of time? I DO! I HAVE, AND NOW IT'S TIME TO DO IT AGAIN!

Today is the most time I've spent at the gym in a while...practically 2 1/2 hours, and it felt good! I may not be able to move tomorrow, and I know there is a risk of injury if I push myself too hard, but honey, I HAVE TO, AND I WILL!

In less than 2 weeks, I will be celebrating my 10th run this year, at an event that honors the life of my friend and classmate, Rebecca Adams Green. One of the reasons I started my journey 1 1/2 years ago is partly because of her passing. We were the same age. It made me start thinking about how short life is.

Everyone who knows me knows that I would put anyone else's cares, troubles, health, ANYTHING over my own.  I still do, and that will never stop, but now I'm starting to care about myself, too. It's a weird feeling, but I'm now starting to understand why it's so important to care about myself.

So the renewed focus is on. I want to get my running time down to AT MOST 14 min mile in the next six months. I'm determined to run 3 half marathons next year, and whatever 5k's and 10k's come my way along the way. I'm determined to get down to 150 and stay there. I'm determined to strengthen up, both mentally and physically, and eat better too.

The beast is back, baby!

By the way, get used to seeing my race results, because they will be a permanent fixture here. They're part of my journey, part of my achievements, part of me.

Today's workout...30 minutes Zumba, 5k run on track @ YMCA, Abcruncher machine, 30 minutes on stationary bike.

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!


Completed Races:
RACE for GRACE-2m Fun Run-4/9/11 (35:03:49)-Grand Island, NE
Richard H. Young Hospital's 5k or 10k walk or run for Mental Health-10k run 5/14/11 (1:47:00) Kearney, NE
Buffalo County Stampede-2011-Half Marathon 6/12/11 (4:04:00-Late Start)-Kearney, NE
18th Annual Olympiad-5k 6/25/11 (49:44)-Kearney, NE
Shelton Stampede/2011-5k 7/4/11 (49:26-pr)-Shelton, NE
Lizzie's Run 5k-8/13/11 (48:44 pr)-Kearney, NE
Kilometers for C.O.P.S. 5k *inaugural*-8/26/11 (51:52:88 chip), (52:05:59 end)-(First altitude 5k)-Golden, CO
Running To Cure Breast Cancer 10k-9/5/11 (1:43:43 official-pr)-North Platte, NE
Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5k 10/2/11 (48:57-net time)-Omaha, NE

Pending Races:
Rebecca Adams Green Foundation Cow-Pie 5k/Half Marathon-October 15

No comments:

Post a Comment