Monday, October 17, 2011

And So It Begins

I came SOOOOOOOOOOOOO close to going back to bed this morning after doing errands, it's not even funny. I woke up, threw my workout gear and even my running shoes on, because for some reason, the thought did cross my mind to do a street run or even go to the Y afterwards, but I didn't have my headphones.

There it was, the "reason" to not workout, or run even. I had to go back home if I wanted to do any sort of exercise. I hate running without headphones, because I hear the clomping of my Frodo Flintstone Clydesdayle feet hitting the pavement, and it makes my mind and ears cringe.

So here I am, back at home...do I run, do I nap? Run? NAP! Suddenly a random (rational) thought entered my mind. I'm already dressed to workout, I'll feel better if I do, and I felt the need to see if last Saturday's trail run time (1 hour, 2 min, some odd seconds) was because it was an insanely hard course or if I HAD really started getting that slow again.

I grabbed my headphones, turned on my Zumbarunner playlist, set my stupid, cheap pedo watch, and off I went for my usual 1-ish mile street run around the neighborhood. I went as fast as I could, finished at around my usual time, and ACTUALLY felt good to get it done.

HUH! WHODATHUNK? I even felt better the rest of the day! WEIRD!

So now it comes down to a decision I made on the way home from work tonight. Starting today, (Monday, Oct 17th, 2011)I'll work out (in some form) five days a week instead of four. Saturdays and Sundays (aside from work, which is a workout in itself), will be exercise free, except for the occasional 5k THEN work. I've decided to do this as a way to keep the intensity and discipline up, to help me lose my last 25 pounds.

And so it begins.

Today's workout (Monday, Oct. 17th, 2011)...1:13 mile street run at 15.9 min/mile. Not my fastest, but better than last Saturday's by a longshot!

Zumbarunner...Whether shaking it or running it, I'll cross the finish line!

Completed Races:
RACE for GRACE-2m Fun Run-4/9/11 (35:03:49)-Grand Island, NE
Richard H. Young Hospital's 5k or 10k walk or run for Mental Health-10k run 5/14/11 (1:47:00) Kearney, NE
Buffalo County Stampede-2011-Half Marathon 6/12/11 (4:04:00-Late Start)-Kearney, NE
18th Annual Olympiad-5k 6/25/11 (49:44)-Kearney, NE
Shelton Stampede/2011-5k 7/4/11 (49:26-pr)-Shelton, NE
Lizzie's Run 5k-8/13/11 (48:44 pr)-Kearney, NE
Kilometers for C.O.P.S. 5k *inaugural*-8/26/11 (51:52:88 chip), (52:05:59 end)-(First altitude 5k)-Golden, CO
Running To Cure Breast Cancer 10k-9/5/11 (1:43:43 official-pr)-North Platte, NE
Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5k 10/2/11 (48:57-net time)-Omaha, NE
Rebecca Adams Green Foundation Cow-Pie 5k/Half Marathon-5k 10/15/11 (1:02:45 finish/First Trail Run)-Loup City, NE
 
Pending Races:
Bearcat 5k-Kearney, NE-October 29th
World Run Day-Kearney, NE-November 6th




No comments:

Post a Comment