Monday, September 5, 2011

Bellering Calves

Mwaaa!  Mwaaa!

That's the sound my calves (leg muscles) were making about an hour after my 10k run this morning.

10k...that's 6.2 miles. That seems like a lot, and it is a lot, but it's getting to the point where's it's not so much a lot, but it's still a lot for me, only because I'm still slow, and always running my own race.

Yes, I was last (again), and I'm starting to become at peace with that...NOT a good thing. The bright side to today's whole story is three-fold. One, I helped fight breast cancer in North Platte at today's run. Two, I was able to stay with friends, some of who saw me off at the beginning then watched me finish. Third, even though I was the last one in, I still beat my last 10k run time (four months ago) by about 3 1/2 minutes.

Now it's time to get some sleep, and try to get these calves to stop bellering.

Mwaaaa! Mwaaaa! (SHUT UP!)...SIGH...

Today's workout: Race To Cure Breast Cancer 10k-9/5/11 (1:43:43)-North Platte, NE

Zumbarunner...Whether Shaking It Or Running It, I'll Cross The Finish Line!

No comments:

Post a Comment